Friday, July 15, 2005

Reunions and Wedding, will I last!

Well, if anyone finds themselves reading this mumble-jumble of words that I have compiled-hello. I went to bed a few minute ago, but because I have houseguest, my 3 grandsons, I had to get up and become MiMi and get breakfast. As you read earlier, I am like a vampire who can only really get some good zzzs in the daylight. We are leaving today at 1 headed to a family reunion and a wedding! Well, possibly two family reunions since the Thomas', my biological dad's family, will be hosting theirs in the neighboring town, as well as the Taylor's, my mom's maternal family side will be hosting ours in my hometown. The wedding is my husband's brother's daughter who is getting married tomorrow. I don't know why I wrote it like that, "my niece" is getting married and Jesse is an usher and Chasity is the maid of honor. Chasity has had me laughing, calling her cousin "Bridezilla"! I know I am going to the Taylor family reunion in between the wedding, but I don't know if I am going to the Thomas' reunion. If Jim Charles, my "real" daddy comes from California, I might take my grand boys to meet him and I do have a cousin on that side of the family I would like to see. But that family or that reunion is really no big deal! Yeah, that's another blog at another time. TheTaylor family is small and getting smaller since each year one of the pioneers of the family passes away. Three years ago it was grandmother who actually died on the day of the reunion. Her death still saddens me since she was the most special person in my life. I still miss her greatly. Mildred and Gladys two of my favorite cousins both have unexpectantly died since then. 'Lean, my grandmother's sister, won't be at the reunion this year because she is in the nursing home and hospice has been called. I haven't had the nerve to visit her because I want to remember her as the bubbly woman I have etched in my memory. My brother told me I might not be able to handle her condition. I love my family a lot and I have always played a big part in making the reunion a success but this year some of my cousins who live in Bartlett have taken the lead and I think this will be one of our better reunions. I am glad because it can be tiring to do so much by myself. The drive to Bartlett is about 4 hours so I will be able to get some sleep. I can't ride 10 good minutes without getting sleepy. The motion of that car rocks me to sleep and I so easily give in. On days like this when I did not sleep the night before, I look forward to the drive. Sleep, a welcome relieve. I am longing for it! Since it is raining outside I might stay awake because I do not like traveling in the rain.
Well, if I want to be ready when Jesse come home I better be ready to go! The trips needs to start pleasant and we do have passengers!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Something I forgot in the other comment: What does "No More Delusions" mean?

Kim said...

You have been tagged.

Peace Be, Clint-Michael ... said...

I"m so glad to see you have a blog... Mine is www.clintmichael.blgospot.com

Love you and I'll see you before I get back to london.